The South African State Theatre’s Education, Youth and Children Theatre (EYCT) Department will be celebrating the 10th Youth Expressions Festival in 2018.
In celebrating a decade of staging young people’s professional work, and commemorating the struggles fought by the youth of 1976, professional young art practitioners are invited to propose their work of art to be part of the festival, which will be divided into the Main and Fringe programs.
Proposals for the following genres will be considered:
– Children’s Theatre
– Dance/ Physical Theatre
– Musical Theatre
– Visual Arts
All proposals are required to have the following to be considered for the above-mentioned festival:
– Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35.
– Motivation letter of how the production is relevant, meaningful and entertaining.
– Creative team information that includes biographies and contact details.
– Full script and a brief synopsis.
– A four-page narrative treatment (if there is no script or if it will be a dance/devised production).
– For visual artists, a portfolio is required.
In addition to the financial support, successful candidates will receive venue, technical and artistic support from SAST.
All proposals must be submitted to email@example.com with the genre being proposed as the subject line of the e-mail and should reach SAST by 6 October 2017.