NATION RADIO – FRESH AND CHANGING THE FACE OF RADIO

After many months of planning, research and introducing the station, Nation Radio is finally here and is sounding great – game changer and fresh to your ears! The newly established broadcaster is a digital commercial radio station that serves listeners great music, content, thought provoking discussions and fun chats. From the States to Africa, Nation Radio has you covered and all you need to do is to plug in and #ListenOn!

Through its ground-breaking programming and appetising music selection, the broadcaster aims to be the listeners’ first dial when they want to tune in to a relatable and exciting radio station.

Broadcasting across the globe and found on the net via, www.nationradio.co.za  or via the iOS and Android App, the station is a 24/7 broadcast with weekdays dedicated to a variety of music and programming only kicking in on a Friday until Sunday midnight.

Coming live from Johannesburg, South Africa, Nation Radio is one station that does not conform to the traditional radio guide and rules. One of the station’s mandate is to unearth great music content that can still fit within the station’s identity.

“When the idea to establish the station came to light, the only way for this to work was for us to come up with a unique concept that could be fitting for our target audience and that is how the station programming was born. We serve people that are quite busy during the week and that is the reason why we only play music back-to-back until Friday,” says Nation Radio founder and CEO, Phash Ratshilumela.

With the target audience of listeners between the ages 23 – 40, the station plays most popular genres with music taking 70% of the airtime and on-air talents, broadcasting mainly in English, pocketing the remaining 30%.

At Nation Radio, listeners can expect quality sounds of RnB, Soul, Pop, House, a bit of Jazz, Kwaito, Rap, Hip-Hop, Lounge, Slow-Jam, Afro-Soul, Afro-Beat, Folk, Worship Gospel and Neo-Soul.

The programming is carefully crafted, being able to accommodate and attract people from all walks of life. Some of the station’s shows are, The Nowadays Drive, Beat Nation, Hip-Hop Culture, The Nightlife, Get Up and Go: Your Health Matters, The Mid-Morning Madness, The Dudes Nextdoor, Music, Fashion and You, Party Starter, The Night Life Experience, Music Paradise, The Cue Experience, Soul Factor, Sunday Therapy and the Ageless Groove.

“We have done extensive work to ensure that the music we serve is within the target audience and also most importantly, our on-air talents are sounding great! Already, we have great jocks hosting different shows like DJ Khathu, Charlene Lai, Miss N, Phash the Passionate, Rabs Vhafuwi, Poppie Seedie, Koketso Kgakoa aka Coco, Linda Da Gr8t, GTheVoiceGundo, Soulscenic, DJ Q, Brown The Classicman, Dukezac, Mr B, Gontse, Liezl Myers, Aliphatik and Craig M. We are about the lifestyle, profiling individuals that have started their initiatives from nothing and also interviewing talents that our listeners might have heard about or can relate to. We are really serious about this move and want people to #ListenOn because we are bringing a new vibe,” concludes Ratshilumela.

Even though the station is broadcasting from South Africa, the world is its stage and the station continues to feed listeners around the world a variety of African rich culture.

After having been on-air for a few months, Nation Radio was officially launched on Saturday, 13 April 2019 at RoofTop Lounge in Honeydew, 3 Blueberry Street. Let’s just say that it was a lituation.





error: Content is protected !!